Old 25-04-2010, 02:58 AM posted to triangle.gardens

Default Mantis tiller repair

I'm looking for someone who knows how to repair a Mantis mini-tiller.
Old 25-04-2010, 01:05 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Trudi wrote in
m:

I'm looking for someone who knows how to repair a Mantis mini-tiller.

What part of town are you in? Is it an issue with engine or something
specific to the tiller? Does the Mantis web site list any recommended
dealers in the area?

I have had my 30+ year old TroyBilt tiller serviced a couple of times at
Stephens Ace Hardware in Fuquay. I think they are(were) an authorized
repair center for TroyBilt (from before TroyBilt sold out to MTD).
Old 25-04-2010, 05:58 PM posted to triangle.gardens

What part of town are you in? Is it an issue with engine or something
specific to the tiller? Does the Mantis web site list any recommended
dealers in the area?

I live near Rex Hospital. The issue is with the engine. The machine is
about 20 years old and until last year started on the first or second
tug. Last year was more difficult and now... not at all. I tried the
web site... at your suggestion. It doesn't load this morning. I will
try that again.
Old 27-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudi View Post
I'm looking for someone who knows how to repair a Mantis mini-tiller.
Mantis UK in Stockport, Cheshire offer servicing and general repairs to the Mantis tiller. Mantis UK is a mail order company and have a good website.

Old 27-04-2010, 05:42 PM posted to triangle.gardens

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 05:49:29 -0400 in Chrissie51 wrote:

Trudi;884810 Wrote:
I'm looking for someone who knows how to repair a Mantis mini-tiller.

Mantis UK in Stockport, Cheshire offer servicing and general repairs to
the Mantis tiller. Mantis UK is a mail order company and have a good
website.

Ahem, you're probably seeing through this through the garden banter
hijacking of USENET.

This is triangle.gardens.
In the USENET hierarchy triangle.* refers to the "Triangle" region
of North Carolina, US (An area vaguely defined by the towns of
Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill).
The shipping costs to take that tiller to the UK could pay for a new
tiller.

And yes we deserve our own hierarchy, this area is the BIRTHPLACE
of USENET.
--
Chris Dukes