Old 01-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Bill Wood

Default Metal Detector

I'm trying to locate the iron rod in my yard that marks the property line.
Does anyone know if someone in the Raleigh area rents metal detectors?

Bill

Old 01-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Gena

"Bill Wood" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I'm trying to locate the iron rod in my yard that marks the property line.
Does anyone know if someone in the Raleigh area rents metal detectors?

Grand Rental Station in Cary does, probably most rental places have them.

we rented one 3 years ago for that purpose. while i was moving it side to
side through some weeds at the edge of the trees where i thought the rod
might be, i managed to hit the rod, which was sticking out of the ground :-/
not exactly what i had in mind, but it worked i suppose....

gena

Old 01-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Matthew Lietzke

Lots of times they are above ground, but covered up with grass or whatever.
Try using a shovel or garden rake and just moving it along the ground to see
if you hit it. Note that if you are trying to find a stake in front of your
house, they are sometimes 3 or 4 feet back from the road (at the edge of
r/w).

rthlink.net...

Old 01-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Renee McLamb

No but you should be able to get it from the courthouse or from the person
who surveyed the property.

--
K. Renee McLamb
University of Phoenix Online

rthlink.net...

Old 01-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Cary Realtor

While it is permissible to remove the wooden stakes, it is a (minor) crime
to tamper with the iron pipe. Since utility companies rely on those
permanent marking devices themselves, they generally respect them.

Don't get caught removing the tag from your mattress, either. What happens
afterward is not pleasant!

Paul

"Pudentane" remembers:

The ones marking the front of my property were removed a few years back
when one of the utility companies came in and replaced the poles. The
stakes were pulled out with the old poles when they were removed.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena View Post
"Bill Wood" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I'm trying to locate the iron rod in my yard that marks the property line.
Does anyone know if someone in the Raleigh area rents metal detectors?

Grand Rental Station in Cary does, probably most rental places have them.

we rented one 3 years ago for that purpose. while i was moving it side to
side through some weeds at the edge of the trees where i thought the rod
might be, i managed to hit the rod, which was sticking out of the ground :-/
not exactly what i had in mind, but it worked i suppose....

gena
I bought a gold metal detector from Metal Detectors - Gold Metal Detectors - Professional Metal Detector Store not long ago and in order to test whether it is useful I have used it to find underground metal goods that hidden in my garden, to my surprise it has found my mother's lost golden ring. Then I took it to the park and the gold metal detector find a few coins. Really amazing and I want to share it with your guys.