Old 27-08-2012, 06:26 PM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Fall Planting

The fall crop is in. I transplanted a zucchini plant that I started in a pot about 5 weeks ago. I planted 3 hills of it as well. I transplanted a cucumber that I had started about the same time that was kept in the green house. They weren't very happy about the transplant but seem to have forgiven me. In the green house I still have 4 tomato plants. 2 of them are fairly new and the other 2 are cut back plants from all summer. I have had luck in the past keeping them through the winter, hope so this year. As I have mentioned before these are grown hydroponically. I want to put in some snow peas and lettuce but I think I will hold off on that for a bit. SO is there anyone else in the Triangle that still has time to garden?
MJ
Old 17-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj View Post
The fall crop is in. I transplanted a zucchini plant that I started in a pot about 5 weeks ago. I planted 3 hills of it as well. I transplanted a cucumber that I had started about the same time that was kept in the green house. They weren't very happy about the transplant but seem to have forgiven me. In the green house I still have 4 tomato plants. 2 of them are fairly new and the other 2 are cut back plants from all summer. I have had luck in the past keeping them through the winter, hope so this year. As I have mentioned before these are grown hydroponically. I want to put in some snow peas and lettuce but I think I will hold off on that for a bit. SO is there anyone else in the Triangle that still has time to garden?
MJ
Lettuce and peas can be planted from June to the end of October, depending on the frost schedule. You can also try for brussels sprouts, carrots, garlic and spinach these can also be planted in June to late October for a spring harvest
Fruit Trees

Fall planting: should you fertilize now? Earl Buchan Gardening 0 06-11-2003 04:42 PM
Fall planting: should you fertilize now? - A PlantMan Article. Earl Buchan Gardening 0 27-10-2003 10:12 PM
Fall Planting Aria Edible Gardening 3 10-10-2003 06:32 AM
Fall planting: Four hot tips to help you plan Earl Buchan Gardening 0 28-08-2003 05:42 PM
Planting wildflower seeds in fall animaux Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:08 AM