Old 18-12-2006, 01:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default C Barbara Kirsch

Here's the latest from my C Barbara Kirsch flask. I'm quite pleased with
this one. It's got a pastel peach mid-line shading through pinks to a
distinct blue-purple edge. The lip is nice and dark but the throat is a
creamy yellow rather than the dark yellow that's such a nice contrast in
some of the others. I do have to try for a better picture of the petals
because that blue really fades in the flash.
Gary

Attached Thumbnails
C Barbara Kirsch-c-barbara-kirsch-11.jpg
Old 18-12-2006, 05:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

V_coerulea wrote:
Here's the latest from my C Barbara Kirsch flask. I'm quite pleased with
this one. It's got a pastel peach mid-line shading through pinks to a
distinct blue-purple edge. The lip is nice and dark but the throat is a
creamy yellow rather than the dark yellow that's such a nice contrast in
some of the others. I do have to try for a better picture of the petals
because that blue really fades in the flash.
Gary

What are the parents of this? The RHS site does not show it.
Old 18-12-2006, 07:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Tennis, I have this plant too & my record shows :- C. arantiaca x C. bowringiana

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 18-12-2006, 01:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks for the help. I've got the "s" on all my tags and everything. It came
that way on the flask and I didn't check. This particular cross was made
with the coerulea form of bowringiana.
Gary

"danny" wrote in message
It's registered as C. Barbara Kirch, no "s".
-danny

news

tennis maynard wrote:
What are the parents of this? The RHS site does not show it.

Rate This Thread: