Old 09-04-2007, 09:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Warding off the blues (pardon the pun) x2

SO, here in the great frozen wastes of Ohio where it is always gray, how
do those of us who don't have greenhouses ward (there's that word
again!) off the blues (or grays if you will)? Well, there are plants in
bloom in the growrooms but they're hard to see and not displayed to
maximum advantage. But...there's also the WARDian case (get it now?) by
the front door where as many bloomers as will fit are placed. It's the
first thing you see as you come in my front door, dividing the entryway
from the living room. And the clear back also makes it visible from
within the room as well. Positioned near the 10' long window and topped
with an old 4-bulb fluorescent fixture (atop the clear glass lid of the
case, not inside), outfitted with two small circulating fans and a
water-retaining lining (always holding water for humidity) it has also
been used as a growing space when necessary. The sliding plexiglass
doors have been easily removed for the photo to limit flash reflection
(which has been blotted out in the back). I made this 4' long, 2.5'
wide, 4' high, formica-lined case about twelve years ago and it has
served me well.

Attached Thumbnails
Warding off the blues (pardon the pun) x2-casefrontdoor.jpg   Warding off the blues (pardon the pun) x2-caselivingroomwardian0407.jpg

Old 10-04-2007, 02:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I think it's staged.

Tennis actually has 30,000 square feet of GH space, so selects a bunch of
blooming plants to load up the case for this "woe is me" pic.

Ha! Great shot, T. It brightened up MY day!

Old 10-04-2007, 02:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well, if it's staged it's done well. Ever think about our long suffering
spouses? Wardian cases in the living room, pool patios given over to Vandas,
garages stuffed with potting medium, you name it.

Thank goodness Frank loves me.

Diana

Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Blush

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
[...]

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Pardon Me, But This Is Scary Harry[_1_] Gardening 4 24-07-2007 01:16 AM
Quack grass -- bad pun alert! Chris Owens Gardening 4 02-10-2003 04:42 PM
OT pardon testing john rutz Ponds 25 11-08-2003 07:10 AM
Tuberous Begonia Blues . . . pelirojaroja Gardening 0 05-08-2003 05:17 AM
O/T Warding off Midges etc. janet.bennett United Kingdom 0 29-03-2003 10:44 AM