Old 12-05-2007, 12:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Cyp. acaule

These were taken in a state park a bit northwest of Atlanta. We got there
very late in the day and there wasn't much light left, so I didn't have time
to get any good closeups. I was also playing with two cameras which didn't
help. I still need to get a good tripod to use with the DSLR.
-danny

Attached Thumbnails
Cyp. acaule-cyps-1.jpg   Cyp. acaule-cyps-2.jpg   Cyp. acaule-cyps-3.jpg   Cyp. acaule-cyps-4.jpg

Old 13-05-2007, 02:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

They can be cultivated, but most people don't do well with them. They like
_very_ acid conditions (they mostly grow in pine forests). I think the
preferred pH is a little over 4. I'm probably not keeping mine acidic
enough (I got some on a rescue from a construction site about 5 years ago).
The recent recommendations I've heard are to water them with something like
1/3 cup vinegar per gallon of water. Not sure what that would do to the
crabapple tree they're currently growing under.
-danny

om...

Old 14-05-2007, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Nice scenes there Danny.
Peter

--
)

"danny" wrote in message
These were taken in a state park a bit northwest of Atlanta. We got
there very late in the day and there wasn't much light left, so I didn't
have time to get any good closeups. I was also playing with two cameras
which didn't help. I still need to get a good tripod to use with the
DSLR.
-danny

Rate This Thread: