Old 21-05-2007, 07:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Lecanorchis multiflora X 3 myco-heterotrophic growth

Lecanorchis multiflora 1 myco-heterotrophic growth.
John V. found this growing by our feet, at the base of a large limestone
cliff face as the rest of our group were glaring up at the paph
sanderianums.
Peter

http://plantbio.berkeley.edu/~bruns/text/lt3.html
--
Peter

Attached Thumbnails
Lecanorchis multiflora X 3  myco-heterotrophic growth-lecanorchis-multiflora-1-myco-heterotrophic-growth.jpg   Lecanorchis multiflora X 3  myco-heterotrophic growth-lecanorchis-multiflora-3.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lecanorchis multiflora 4.jpg (43.3 KB, 350 views)

Old 24-05-2007, 01:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

It has an interesting cotton ball lip, Diana.
We scratched our heads and thought we may have had not only a new species,
but genus also ( perhaps Varigosus Johanii). Then Peter O'Byrne (Orchid
Guide Digest) dashed our hopes, as he id'd it and pointed out how widespread
it was.
Peter

--
)

"P Max" wrote in message
Lecanorchis multiflora 1 myco-heterotrophic growth.
John V. found this growing by our feet, at the base of a large limestone
cliff face as the rest of our group were glaring up at the paph
sanderianums.
Peter

http://plantbio.berkeley.edu/~bruns/text/lt3.html
--