Old 28-10-2007, 06:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Dendrobium aggregatum

For those of you who read the rec.gardens.orchid. Please see topic
Dendrobium lindleyi

Mariana

Attached Thumbnails
Dendrobium aggregatum-orchid-042.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orchid 040.jpg (148.5 KB, 189 views)
Old 28-10-2007, 07:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ah, Mariana, it's you! Little lindleyi is a hurting puppy, huh? The back
bulbs (yellow/shrivelled) probably ought to come off the plant. They look
soft to me. Are they? If so, they are not well at all.

If it were my plant, given that there are no leaves, I'd take the healthiest
portion of it and do a spag and bag until it puts out a new growth. I'd bet
money that it would do so. More on the technique at this link:
http://www.firstrays.com/sphagnbag.htm

Diana

Old 28-10-2007, 08:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi there Mariana, You have probably researched these two names, I get more
confused when I go
to J. Phfal's site, one & the same right? The winter rest is the key, I
think?

http://www.andysorchids.com/SearchResults.asp
http://www.orchidspecies.com/denlindleyi.htm
See how many times a week Andy waters his plant on a stick!!!

If I had your plant, I would put the cork mount in a clay pot, soak
for an hour then hang it up
high for light & breeze, then when it gets really cold, stop watering.
If it survives the winter, I would soak it in some bloom boost & water 2
to 3 times a week
in the heat of the summer.

I have killed one & just purchased one this year that was in spike!
Good luck,
Cheers Wendy

Old 28-10-2007, 08:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thank you again Diana.

None of the pseudobulbs are soft, they are all in decent shape but I guess I
should cut the yellow ones off.

I will try the sphagnbag method though I do wonder if in this particular
case it is the appropriate time.

Thank you again!

-Mariana

Old 28-10-2007, 08:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Wendy and thank you for the tip. I will save it, and if the sphagnbag
does not work, I'll try your method.

Thank you!
Mariana
p.s. yes, it is the same plant as the one in the orchidspecies link.

Old 28-10-2007, 08:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
For those of you who read the rec.gardens.orchid. Please see topic
Dendrobium lindleyi

Mariana

Hi Mariana, I would say you have kept the plant to dry,a winter rest
does`nt mean no water,especially if it is mounted.I still water mine but
less so and it still flowers.By the look of your plant i think you will
struggle to get it back and if you do it will take a while.You maybe better
off looking for a replacement!I have got more ruthless over the years and
tend not to waste time with struggling plants and bin them!
Keith

Old 28-10-2007, 09:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

M-

Never mind the normal cycle that this plant usually wants. What it needs
right now is a new p-bulb with a leaf on it, and I really think that the
spag method will work. I've taken bits of things that I valued and been
shocked at how well they do when given the chance.

Patience is key!

Diana

Old 04-11-2007, 09:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

The yellow and shrivelling do indicate dehydration, but most plants will
recover from that.

More troubling are the brown streaks/sections on the pbs that are still
mostly green. Not sure from the pic, but I don't see much in the way of
roots coming from those mostly-green pbs, either. If you really want to
save the plant, I think that after you trim, you should give it a fungicide
soak. Kenni

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
For those of you who read the rec.gardens.orchid. Please see topic
Dendrobium lindleyi

Mariana

Rate This Thread: