Old 15-04-2008, 03:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Potinara Afternoon Delight 'Magnetism'

This one has tried to die on me for years, and finally seemed to
stabilize last summer. Finally blooming again on a small plant perched
on the edge of its pot with its few live growths clustered together and
roots atop the medium, its growth habit remind me of L.anceps in that
those never do well for me until they've grown over the edge of the pot.
They always struggle, are sickly and weak, with floppy leaves. Then
after overgrowing the pot, they fatten up suddenly, leaves harden and
they bloom. Which is why, now that I have a GH, I have recently mounted
them. I wonder if this plant would do well monted or, conversely, in
semi-hydro? Anyone know for sure in either case?

At any rate, I originally saw this at a big show (Mid-Am?), a large
plant with probably two dozen or more flowers and had to have it. Now
that it's blooming again after several years, I remember why.

Attached Thumbnails
Potinara Afternoon Delight 'Magnetism'-afternoondelightmagnetism.jpg
Old 15-04-2008, 04:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Oh Tennis this is a really magic orange, love it. Good growing & I have a
few of those
plants that jump the pots too.
Cheers Wendy

Old 16-04-2008, 04:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I have this plant and it grows like a weed.

I have it in a 10 inch clay pot with a cocohusk/aliflor mix. I had 3 or
4 heads of flowers on it then one more is blooming now as a late
bloomer. I think it got a ribbon at the Richmond Show last month.

Great plant!

I can't explain why it doesn't put roots down into your medium. What
are you potting it in?

Gene

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Magnetism is really -- WHAT? fitz Plant Science 0 04-03-2010 01:26 AM
Potinara Hawaiian Prominence Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 13-11-2008 03:18 AM
Potinara Cristy Harry Attn:-Dan Wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 13-10-2007 05:10 PM
Potinara to be? wendy7 Orchid Photos 12 02-12-2006 04:47 PM
Roots follow the lines of magnetism. (As well as towards moisture.[for the pedantic amongst you] ) David in Normandy United Kingdom 1 03-10-2006 05:32 PM