Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Blc. Firecracker - Put on your shades!

Blc. Firecracker
This one was from the Henri Compagnion collection a 1st time bloomer since
'99 & it wasn't
a seedling.
Cheers Wendy (Who has never gotten rid of a plant for not blooming)

Attached Thumbnails
Blc. Firecracker - Put on your shades!-blc-firecracker-1289pc-02309.jpg
Old 11-07-2008, 06:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:51:03 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Blc. Firecracker
This one was from the Henri Compagnion collection a 1st time bloomer since
'99 & it wasn't
a seedling.
Cheers Wendy (Who has never gotten rid of a plant for not blooming)

Yowsah! I could use one of those (It's the scorpio in me).

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 11-07-2008, 01:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I have a Doritis Firecracker with the same fluorescent coloration. But
smaller flowers are easy to take. This one can knock you over with one
glance. Thanks for the opportunity to feel young again.
Gary

Old 11-07-2008, 09:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Glad you like it, in its day, not sure of it's background but it must have
been a show stealer!
The plant was what I call a struggling artist back in '99 & it's owner sold
his home along with the
g/h & the young kid that bought the house knew nothing about orchids & too
busy so he sold them all!
Incidentally, in case you worry about being too old with not enough time,
old Henri was 91 & still going
to orchid & Tillandsia meetings.
Cheers Wendy (And now you know the rest of the story)

.com...

Old 13-07-2008, 02:59 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy7 View Post
Blc. Firecracker
This one was from the Henri Compagnion collection a 1st time bloomer since
'99 & it wasn't
a seedling.
Cheers Wendy (Who has never gotten rid of a plant for not blooming)
Beautiful! That color is breathtaking. Thank you for sharing it.

Rate This Thread: