Old 22-12-2008, 05:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default from a NY, U.S.A. terrarium at winter solstice 2008

Attached Thumbnails
from a NY, U.S.A. terrarium at winter solstice 2008-first-success.jpg
Old 22-12-2008, 05:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Somnial wrote:
I am still a tyro.
my first try a few years ago was an inadvertantly oversized file
and between then and now I was interrupted by many most unpleasant
events. Suffice it to say that I was thrilled recently to discover
the first flower on a plant that had nearly succumbed before I put
it in this terrarium.
given a few more years I might get this thing right.

Old 22-12-2008, 10:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:20:42 -0800, Somnial wrote
(in article ):

A very nice bloom, Somnial. We all lament the diminution of a lively group,
though there have been a number of attempts to get around the service
providers.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 24-12-2008, 01:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Congratulations Somnial. Nicely resurrected.

As Tom said, there are still some of us here but the group is no where near
as active as it used to be. I guess that's what happens when bureaucracy
uses a broad brush to address a small problem.

~John

.com...

Old 24-12-2008, 07:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default A SMALL PROBLEM

John Varigos wrote:
Congratulations Somnial. Nicely resurrected.

As Tom said, there are still some of us here but the group is no where near
as active as it used to be. I guess that's what happens when bureaucracy
uses a broad brush to address a small problem.

~John

Thank you indeed for the compliment.
I have been a lurker for a number of years and have noticed the
disappearance of many participants and simultaneously, the influx
of porn. So those who would protect us from it have accomplished
the opposite affect. I have gotten more practice in using filters.

Attached Thumbnails
from a NY, U.S.A. terrarium at winter solstice 2008-img00146.jpg   from a NY, U.S.A. terrarium at winter solstice 2008-img00148.jpg   from a NY, U.S.A. terrarium at winter solstice 2008-img00150.jpg   from a NY, U.S.A. terrarium at winter solstice 2008-img00151.jpg   from a NY, U.S.A. terrarium at winter solstice 2008-img00152.jpg

Rate This Thread: