Old 16-02-2009, 01:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default To sign up on Kye's server.

I use Windows Mail on Vista it's the same as O/E
Go to Tools/ Accounts/ News/ then "Add"
Follow the directions and enter the number 121.208.40.178
for the name of your server. Then you choose "orchid.pictures"
Cheers Wendy
Old 16-02-2009, 03:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I use Thunderbird for my mail and newsgroups. If you do too, here are
your directions:
There's more than one way to get it done but this works:
Tools Account settings Add Account Newsgroup account Next..... fill
in the blanks using the number Wendy gave below for the server name.
Kye set this up just for orchid growers so when you subscribe, there are
only 2 orchid groups to subscribe to (ignore the control groups).
I'll be around if anyone has trouble getting their Thunderbird to work.
Just ask.

Steve

Old 25-02-2009, 01:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I have followed the normal process now that I'm trying ot work off my
Dell laptop and old, old iMAc while my miniMAc is in the shop, and get
nothing for o.pictures. I don't even get the little choice box I think I
got when I first signed up when it went online. Any tips? I'm still
using thunderbird so I can't figure out wht the heck's wrong.

Anyone have any clue what's up with the AOS photo forum? It's been down
almost two weeks now; I've had two email exchanges with the web guy
there, but still no go.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I haven't been on there in a while but I can confirm it's not working
right now.

"Wendy7" wrote in message
I use Windows Mail on Vista it's the same as O/E
Go to Tools/ Accounts/ News/ then "Add"
Follow the directions and enter the number 121.208.40.178
for the name of your server. Then you choose "orchid.pictures"
Cheers Wendy

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Allotment agreement with Council - sign or not sign Rajinder Nijjhar United Kingdom 7 20-03-2010 10:05 AM
Kye's Site ChuckF Orchids 2 13-03-2009 01:04 PM
Kye, is there a web interface to your news server? Ted Byers Orchids 0 06-02-2009 02:57 AM
Kath, John, Kye Dave Gillingham Orchid Photos 5 16-09-2007 12:10 AM
RGO going down the drain? Attn KYE Wendy Orchids 5 12-01-2004 10:08 PM