Old 20-05-2009, 05:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default L.purpurata 'Cindarosa' x self

This opened while I was in FL at Redlands, unfortunately I had been so
busy beforehand I forgot the plant needed to be moved and so the flowers
opened against the glazing and are a little off. But the color is
everything I had hoped for.

Attached Thumbnails
L.purpurata 'Cindarosa' x self-cindarosaxself.jpg
Old 20-05-2009, 12:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Beautiful, dark coloration! WOW!

Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

Old 23-05-2009, 04:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy7 wrote:
T'is wonderful Tennis. What did you buy on your trip?
Cheers Wendy

Acquired at redlands: Trichopilia turialbae affinis (like, but not,
turialbae), Trichopilia species unidentifiable, Trichopilia brevis,
Trichopilia laxa affinis (again similar but not identical to the
species), Pseudolaelia vellozicola (very excited to find this!!),
L.dayana coerulea, L.kautskyi, L.jongheana, C.dolosa coerulea,
Soph.rosea, Soph. coccinea, Pot.Susan Fender 'Cinnamon Stick',
Pot.Tropical Orange 'Aprocosa'. And Woji gave me his last remaining
trichopilia, T.Maria, his collection having tragically all perished in
the FL heat.

There was no fabulous, irresistible vanda this year (that I don't
already have!); there was a fantastic L.purpurata I wanted in bloom but
both its size (about 30-36"tall) and its price dissuaded me. Of course I
now regret not getting it!

I was disappointed that EcoOrquideas did not bring me the big prize of
my trip, Neogardneria murrayana, as promised. He said (with two months'
notice) he hadn't been able to find it though he knows he has a couple.
But the other four plants he did bring and they were, as always, nice.

I was very disappointed that Plantio La Orquidea didn't bring the four
plants I had ordered from them (C.bicolor alba, C.gaskelliana concolor,
C.maxima concolor, Cochleanthes flabelliforme x Bollea coelestis). Two
months ago, I emailed. A week later I emailed. A week after that I
called them in Venezuela. Spoke to the elder guy who said 'Oh, that
email goes to my son-in-law. I don't know why he hasn't forwarded them."
I gave him the list over the phone and he said the plants would be
there. I also emailed the list for backup to his personal email address.

No plants. "Oh, we've been out of those for a couple years. We really
need to update the website." @$$****s!!!

I lost it and told him just what I though of him, especially as I had
passed up an opportunity to pick up one of them since I 'knew' he would
have it there for me.

Anyone know where in the US I can pick up the plants I didn't get?
Old 23-05-2009, 06:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wow!!!!! You certainly made a killing & a nice haul indeed.
Too bad about EcoOrquideas & Plantio La Orquidea,
but there must be other vendors from Venazuela no?
I think there are a couple coming to Santa Barbara in July?
Thanks for taking the time, going to google your goodies later,
gotta go.
Cheers Wendy

"tenman" wrote in message
Wendy7 wrote:
[...]