Old 25-05-2006, 12:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default bark chip in crown

It's too tight a place to get it out with teasers
I meant tweasers -- or how does one spell that? My spell checker corrected
it to teasers.

Joanna

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
I have a problem: one of my orchids fell over and bark chips flew all over
the place, including into the crown of another Phal orchid (that was
located on a shelf below the one that fell over), and now I can't get the
bark chip out of the crown. Will this affect leaf growth? Or should the
Phal new leaves be strong enough to dislodge the bark piece when the time
comes? How important is it that I get this chip out of there? If it is
important, how do I do it? It's too tight a place to get it out with
teasers, and I also tried shaking the plant while upside down and that did
not dislodge it either.

Thanks,
Joanna

Old 25-05-2006, 01:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

I have been known to tape a Soda Straw into one of those vacuum plastic
nozzles to retrieve small screws and such.
Joe T
Baytown

Old 25-05-2006, 03:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bob Walsh

Joanna,

How about a little Elmers glue on the end of a toothpick?
Let it dry a little to get extra sticky if needed. You might be able to just
flick it out with the tooth pick without glue.

Bob
oups.com...

Old 25-05-2006, 06:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

A toothpick would be my weapon of choice, too.

*Tweezers*, LOL!

Diana

Old 26-05-2006, 10:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

I have sometimes found that tipping the plant and blowing into the crown
will dislodge such things.

. ..