Old 27-05-2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default will need to childproof orchids area real soon!!!!

"Joanna, come and look at what your son is doing." I hear my husband call.
And sure enough the 5 months old is up to trouble. Not long before then I
had left him in the middle of a small mat surrounded by a few of his
favorite toys. But was he playing with those toys? Oh, no. He had rolled and
inched his way off this mat, and another two to three feet further to our
bay leaf plant/tree. His hand was firmly on the rim of the pot, and he was
shaking it. Another minute or two of this and the potted plant would have
fallen over. Yikes! I thought that we had a bit of time to really
child-proof this place, but I guess our time has run out. Technically Robert
is not a toddler yet, since he does not crawl or walk, but that does not
mean that he is not perfectly capable of moving as far as a toddler can and
at times almost as fast. And he is beginning to show the toddler's uncanny
instinct for where to head for "Ooo, this looks exciting. I wonder what will
happen if I shake that."

Joanna

Old 27-05-2006, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

"Joanna, come and look at what your son is doing." Who's son? Oh, the
joys of parenthood!
jt

Old 27-05-2006, 07:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Joe, that's the first thing I picked up on, LOL! "Your son" indeed!

Joanna, they can be really quick, and he'll be crawling and then pulling
himself up before you know it. Work fast!

Diana

Old 27-05-2006, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Joanna, I would buy a playpen today!!!! Richard can get used to it now & later
it can be storage for his toys. Better to be safe than sorry.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply