Kroger selling orchids

Old 11-09-2007, 03:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Kroger selling orchids

I seldom go into the Kroger stores for groceries but did today. They now
sell some nice houseplants and of all things - orchids! These were nice
blooming plants for $9.99 ea. You can't beat that with a stick. The lady
in the plant dept. marked down 6 bloomed-out Phals to $3.88 ea. Now who can
pass by prices like that? :-))) The little 4" clay pots are .67 alone. I
took four. When I got home I noticed one had unopened buds. Someone must
have knocked or picked off the flowers leaving the spike of buds. I hope
they open for me. I'll be stopping at both Kroger stores from now on.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"BruceM" wrote in message
I often stop in Thom Thumb grocery stores here in Dallas texas. Their
floral shop's carry several nice Phals, in colors other than the plain
white

At one time I never saw orchids outside florist shops. Even that was rare.
You just didn't see them around. Now they seem to be everyplace you look.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Chris Dukes" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:10:07 -0500 in Manelli
Family wrote:
I seldom go into the Kroger stores for groceries but did today. They now
sell some nice houseplants and of all things - orchids! These were nice
blooming plants for $9.99 ea. You can't beat that with a stick. The
lady
in the plant dept. marked down 6 bloomed-out Phals to $3.88 ea. Now who
can
pass by prices like that? :-))) The little 4" clay pots are .67 alone.
took four. When I got home I noticed one had unopened buds. Someone must
have knocked or picked off the flowers leaving the spike of buds. I hope
they open for me. I'll be stopping at both Kroger stores from now on.

I find that they frequently have the tags still in the pots as well.

Yep! Three of the four still had their tags. The fourth will be a surprise.