Old 25-01-2009, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens,austin.gardening,rec.gardens.orchids

Default Austin Orchid Society's 38th Annual Show

Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's
38th Annual Show & Sale,
"Gallery of Orchids"
February 7th & 8th, 2009
Zilker Botanical Gardens Center
2220 Barton Springs Road,
Austin, TX 78746
(512) 477-8672
Show & Plant Sale: 10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday & 10:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday.

This year we are very proud to present the 38th Annual Orchid Show
here in Austin. Orchids are Mother Nature at her best, so come join us
and check out all the beautiful orchids that will be on display. There
will also be hundreds of blooming orchids for sale, as well as helpful
information for growing these beautiful plants from the 10 vendors and
society members. Need flowers for Valentines Day...orchids are
becoming one of the most popular flowers in the U.S., so why not get
an orchid this year for that special Valentine. Admission to the event
is free and the public is encouraged to attend. For a complete
schedule of events, or for more information, please contact: Geoffrey
Frost, 1011 Strickland Drive., Austin, TX 78748-4847 (Telephone (512)
413-3199; e-mail ), or visit our web-site:
http://www.hotos.org/
Old 25-01-2009, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens,austin.gardening,rec.gardens.orchids

In article
,
Geoff wrote:

Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's
38th Annual Show & Sale,
"Gallery of Orchids"
February 7th & 8th, 2009

snipped

Thanks for posting this. I'll be forwarding it to interested parties
via e-mail.
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Old 26-01-2009, 06:54 PM posted to austin.gardening,rec.gardens.orchids

Geoff wrote:
Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's
38th Annual Show & Sale,
"Gallery of Orchids"
February 7th & 8th, 2009
Zilker Botanical Gardens Center
2220 Barton Springs Road,
Austin, TX 78746

Are the public allowed to come and take photos? Or are cameras discouraged?
M. Reed
Old 27-01-2009, 03:35 PM posted to austin.gardening,rec.gardens.orchids

On Jan 26, 11:54*am, monique wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's
38th Annual Show & Sale,
"Gallery of Orchids"
February 7th & 8th, 2009
Zilker Botanical Gardens Center
2220 Barton Springs Road,
Austin, TX 78746

Are the public allowed to come and take photos? Or are cameras discouraged?
M. Reed

My heavens yes...in fact we encourage you to bring your camera and a
good nose too, so you can smell all the different fragrances that
orchid put off. So please, bring your camera, bring your friends, the
more the merrier. We are also having hourly raffle's for plants that
have been donated by the 10 vendors that will be at the show. See you
there!

Geoff