D.Ageratum flowering how?

Old 21-08-2012, 10:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default D.Ageratum flowering how?

On Sunday, October 22, 1995 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Bill Seabrook wrote:
Hi. I've got a lovely D.ageratum that won't bloom. It's a windowsill
orchid in a dry house in Canada. I have several windows I can use...
south, east and west facing. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Jane.

Alyssum (Sweet Alison)

With fragrant white flowers which look like candytuft this plant is about 8 inches tall and useful for edging. Plant seedlings at a distance of 8 inches. This grows well in chinks between crazy paving, pots, window-boxes and hanging baskets. Pink, deep rose, white and mauve varieties are available. It grows in slightly shaded conditions also.
Old 21-08-2012, 12:12 PM

Location: California

Originally Posted by View Post
On Sunday, October 22, 1995 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Bill Seabrook wrote:
Hi. I've got a lovely D.ageratum that won't bloom. It's a windowsill
orchid in a dry house in Canada. I have several windows I can use...
south, east and west facing. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Jane.

Alyssum (Sweet Alison)

With fragrant white flowers which look like candytuft this plant is about 8 inches tall and useful for edging. Plant seedlings at a distance of 8 inches. This grows well in chinks between crazy paving, pots, window-boxes and hanging baskets. Pink, deep rose, white and mauve varieties are available. It grows in slightly shaded conditions also.
Ageratum prefer full sun to partial shade. They will tolerate a fair amount of shade. They will do well in both average and poor soils. They are tolerant dry soil conditions. Add a general purpose fertilizer once or twice a season.
Fruit Trees