Orchid ID

Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 PM

Default Orchid ID

Hi,
I found this orchid in the woods near where I live - a very localised population found on a steep bank along a footpath. I have't seen them before... anyone know?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/P4309998.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/P4309997.jpg

Cheers
Old 07-06-2013, 03:09 PM

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Originally Posted by Corin View Post
Hi,
I found this orchid in the woods near where I live - a very localised population found on a steep bank along a footpath. I have't seen them before... anyone know?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/P4309998.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/P4309997.jpg

Cheers
It isn't an orchid. It's common toothwort: Lathraea squamaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nice to see it though, because despite its name it isn't something one comes across particularly often.