Old 16-10-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Polycultures, Natural Farming and Continuous No-Till Cropping Systems in Living Mulch

HI,

Does anyone have any strong feelings or knowledge on the aboce topics?
I am conducting research at the moment and I would like to get a thread
going.
If anyone is up for it.
I have many quite specific questions but it might be nice to say hello
first of all.
I am UK-based, latitude 51 degrees north.
Over-arching aims of the research are a design methodology for
no-work/do-nothing systems of intensive food production, of
predominantly annual foods.
This doesn't rule out knowledge of forest gardening, far from it, but
the key emphasis in this case is on annual cultures.

Cheers,
N*

Old 01-12-2005, 07:09 AM posted to alt.permaculture,alt.sustainable.agriculture
ernie

wrote in message
oups.com...
HI,

Does anyone have any strong feelings or knowledge on the aboce topics?
I am conducting research at the moment and I would like to get a thread
going.
If anyone is up for it.
I have many quite specific questions but it might be nice to say hello
first of all.
I am UK-based, latitude 51 degrees north.
Over-arching aims of the research are a design methodology for
no-work/do-nothing systems of intensive food production, of
predominantly annual foods.
This doesn't rule out knowledge of forest gardening, far from it, but
the key emphasis in this case is on annual cultures.

Cheers,
N*

Hi.
Have you considered the ideas of Masanobu Fukuoka. He has three books I know
of ,1;The Natral Way of Farming, 2;One Straw Revolution and 3;The Road Back
to Nature, and there is a Yahoo group that discusses his ideas. I wouldnt
call what he does as permaculture but has ideas I like reguarding food
production, do-nothing systems(using his definitions) and what I would even
consider forest farming and land improvement. Maybe this is of some help.
Thanks Ernie.

Old 03-12-2005, 12:38 AM posted to alt.permaculture,alt.sustainable.agriculture
mrsreltsi

ernie wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Hi,
I'm from Queensland Australia and a few years back now a guy put out an
excellent paper published by our Rural Research and Development Corp.
called Polyculture Production (2001). It is pretty indepth and takes
Permaculture into the broad acre. It is by Larry and Dr Barbara Geno ,
It speaks for itself and you can get a download (I think) from
www.rirdc.gov.au. If you can't get it I have a copy and we could get
some of it posted to you.
Thanks