Global Warming

Old 26-12-2005, 01:31 PM posted to sci.environment,alt.permaculture,alt.energy.renewable

Default The Art (was Global Warming)

In article . com,
wrote:

Steve Spence wrote:
wrote:
Steve Spence wrote:

Coby Beck wrote:

"Julian" wrote in message
groups.com...

You have some wonderful stuff there, Julian.

But what does it have to do with renewable energy?

What's that got to do with magick?

This is a renewable energy newsgroup, not an art or magick newsgroup. I
guess you were just spamming then ....

Originally responding to a post to alt.magick
actually, but don't let fact hold you back.

According to Newton all energy is renewable.

The first law of Thermodynamics:

Total energy of the system plus the surroundings is constant.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
Energy is conserved.

There's a second law, you know.
Old 26-12-2005, 04:56 PM posted to sci.environment,alt.permaculture,alt.energy.renewable

I suppose you haven't considered the implications of the second law,
then?

Also, not Newton at all. The first law is attributed to Clausius, 1850,
long after Newton's time.

mt

Old 27-12-2005, 11:31 PM posted to sci.environment,alt.permaculture,alt.energy.renewable

Michael Tobis wrote:
I suppose you haven't considered the implications of the second law,
then?

Not fully.

Also, not Newton at all. The first law is attributed to Clausius, 1850,
long after Newton's time.

OK
http://ptlslzb87.blogspot.com/

Old 28-12-2005, 05:54 PM posted to sci.environment,alt.permaculture,alt.energy.renewable,alt.magick

Default Global Warming

wrote:
I have built an alternative energy system that will stop global
warming, save me money, and is helping me with my mental illness. It
is a simple system, and what is it you ask?

The answer: Jackets. Yes, Jackets. I have duck taped all of the vents
in my bedroom, and computer room, and opened the windows. The air in
these rooms stays pure and clean, and doesn't leak into the rest of the
house.

The reason this is a great alternative energy system is because all of
the hot air in our houses during the winter, eventually gets out of our
house and heats up the rest of the earths atmosphere. Just like the
hot engines in our cars is adding to global warming, and the hot smoke
comming out of factories and power plants.

There is a great deal of evidence that green house gasses are not to
blame for global warming, but central air conditioning? It is hard to
argue that hot air by itself doesn't add to global warming.

The reason I am doing this isn't just to save money on my heating and
cooling bill. It is for my mental health. Ventilation systems recycle
the air in our homes. As we breathe, and smoke, we add pollution to
our own little ecosystem. We take in all the oxygen in the air and
convert it to C0^2, and that air gets recycled.

All of our pharamones, and human chemistry gets into the air and gets
recycled too. This is why you find people getting into domestic
problems with their familys at home, where all of their scents are, but
not outside or in public.

So to say it again, I'm saving money, decreasing global warming, and
helping my own mental health at the same time. I can already feel the
differance, and I've only been doing this for a few days. It is hardly
even cold inside, and it is Christmas!

And here we read the symptoms of a patient suffering from carbon
dioxide narcosis.....

Old 29-12-2005, 07:55 AM posted to sci.environment,alt.permaculture,alt.energy.renewable,alt.magick

hahahahha

Old 22-10-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

How does global warming affect our weather? I am in Southern California. This year has been
the weirdest weather here. 90 degrees one day, then cold and rainy the next day. Now we are
having June Gloom in October. Normally at this time of year, we have our best weather. September and October also give us the Santa Ana winds. Nothing this year so far.
I'm wondering why our weather whack out is due to climate change, El Nino, La Nina, or?