Old 15-06-2008, 11:19 PM posted to alt.permaculture

Default No-dig gardens

An article about a guy who doesnt dig his beds:
http://www.latimes.com/features/home...,0,55177.story
Old 16-06-2008, 09:24 PM posted to alt.permaculture

check our site we don't dig never have for the past decade.

len

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:19:30 -0700 (PDT), eatsoil
wrote:

An article about a guy who doesnt dig his beds:
http://www.latimes.com/features/home...,0,55177.story

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 22-06-2008, 02:21 PM posted to alt.permaculture

In article ,
len gardener wrote:

check our site we don't dig never have for the past decade.

I have an almost-no-dig garden. Because the chook feed grows after the girls
have been on the bed, I dig it in as green manure. But that's not *digging*.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/
Old 22-06-2008, 09:22 PM posted to alt.permaculture

g'day chookie,

we have similar situ' when we clean out bird seed dishes or their
cages, whatever seed hasn't been eaten oftern germinates, so laong
with the no dig we pull it and tuck it under the mulch if need be,
other than that as there is never heaps of it we let it grow and then
cut off seed heads for the birds to eat, then pull the plant and tuck
it under.

snipped

Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Registered User

LOL!!!! Expressive...... but can't ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsoil View Post
An article about a guy who doesnt dig his beds:
http://www.latimes.com/features/home...,0,55177.story
__________________
Crop Protection, that protects the seeds from soil and seed borne diseases.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Registered User

Location: Just outside of Bristol

Really good idea, using a mulch for the surface of beds really does keep the weeds down and ensure that you loose as little moisture as possible.

Watched a program not long back where someone was using different levels of planting to keep weeds down. Everything had a reason for being their plain trees for their leaves, bushes for their berries and vegetables planted between these.

Will try to find the link and post it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsoil View Post
An article about a guy who doesnt dig his beds:
How do his veggies grow? The no-dig way - latimes.com
Old 20-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered User

I have an almost-no-dig garden. Because the chook feed grows after the girls
have been on the bed, I dig it in as green manure. But that's not *digging*.

No dig gardens George.com Edible Gardening 45 06-02-2007 02:29 PM
No dig gardens George.com Gardening 27 29-03-2006 09:22 PM
No dig gardens George.com United Kingdom 33 27-03-2006 08:45 PM