Old 05-05-2003, 02:08 PM
len brauer

Default the time has come

to all our friends,

this is it the final alma-mata, my lovely wife isn't settling here, i
don't want to lose her, so 'pleaseant valley' will be on the market
this week.

i hope that bev will give me another chance.

don't know where we/i might end up? but i will still be online, i will
take some more pics of here and put them on my page so all can see,
that we where winning we have managed in this short time to get quiet
a lot of trees established we now have a solid base for a good mixed
pasture, the blady grass has been shown it's place there is still some
her but it is all mixed in with the many other grasses.

we are selling when the block it is in it's prime the dam and creek
are full there is very little bare ground visible now.

more later

len and bev

--
happy gardening

http://hub.dataline.net.au/~gardnlen/
Old 05-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from len brauer contains these words:

to all our friends,

this is it the final alma-mata, my lovely wife isn't settling here, i
don't want to lose her, so 'pleaseant valley' will be on the market
this week.

i hope that bev will give me another chance.

I am sorry to hear that Len. What does she find most difficult..is
there no way of solving what's bothering her in another way that
wouldn't mean leaving the farm? (Learning to use internet/usenet if
she's feeling isolated, maybe ? )

Janet.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:08 PM
len brauer

g'day janet,

she can use the net but doesn't realy have the interest.

the big problem ahs always been the distance from the kids and the
grandkids and her family, 2 hours if you drive straight through up to
2.5 when we stop for a break which is common, 2 hour straight drive
can be hard.

it is a pity because with no trouble at all we could ahve fed the
family from here, and my health is improving so realy don't know what
the fututer holds, ther are other issues like it is almost impossible
to live in rural on a gov' pension to many hidden little cost ie.,. 50
min' round trip to town and the shops, can't get the power bill down
due to everytime we turn a tap on a pump starts etc.,.

we are a long way from generating farm gate sales that would be little
more tan drinkin' money if you get what i mean.

the place does look magic but in the short time we have been here
there isn't much in th eline of a weed problem to talk of just bits
and pieces of stuff here and there. we should be somewhat proud there
is a nice mixed pasture here now, something that would fatten any good
bit of beef.

bev is a somewhat shy person so has no interest in getting to know
other wives around she is a family girl through and through.

anyhow it's been uplifting the chat i get very lonely here at the
moment.

chat again soon

len

snipped

Old 05-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Fran Higham

"len brauer" wrote in message

this is it the final alma-mata, my lovely wife isn't settling here, i
don't want to lose her, so 'pleaseant valley' will be on the market
this week.

Len, I'm sorry to hear your news.

i hope that bev will give me another chance.

'Course she will! She hasn't given you the heave ho yet has she?

don't know where we/i might end up? but i will still be online, i will
take some more pics of here and put them on my page so all can see,
that we where winning we have managed in this short time to get quiet
a lot of trees established we now have a solid base for a good mixed
pasture, the blady grass has been shown it's place there is still some
her but it is all mixed in with the many other grasses.

I'd love to see htem Len. Just think of the improvements you've done and
how much they will be appreciated down the track.

Old 05-05-2003, 02:08 PM
len brauer

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:30:00 +1100, "Fran Higham"
wrote:

"len brauer" wrote in message

snipped

Len, I'm sorry to hear your news.

yep but that's life would rather have won lotto.

i hope that bev will give me another chance.

'Course she will! She hasn't given you the heave ho yet has she?

i'm hoping and praying she will haven't spoken directly with her since
she left so waithing very patiently and lonely.

snipped

I'd love to see htem Len. Just think of the improvements you've done and
how much they will be appreciated down the track.

i will try and get my morale up and take some pices, hope a caring
person buys the block or ti won't be looked after for sure.

thanking your kindness

len

Old 05-05-2003, 02:08 PM
David

Hi Len

so sorry to hear that things aren't working out. Wondering tho if she has given the place a
fair go. Having done a similar thing (move from the city to 100 acres in the country) found
there was much to get used to - eg no running water, long drop right down the back, brown snakes
galore, no bath or hot water, no cooking gear etc etc.

But you get used to these things, and improvements come over time. Surely 2 hours isn't that
long a trip to see her family a couple of times a week, and there is the phone for the other days.

I reckon you can live on the pension - raise a few calves or a few lambs, grow veggies, do your
own repairs and car services etc. I do these things and manage - tho admittedly I don't have a
lot of cash to spare.

Anyway - best of luck - hope things work out for you both

David