Old 23-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Ute Bohnsack

Default Test

Hi guys,
Good to read you all and what you're up to. It's weird reading about
spring down under as we have moved into winter now.
I've uploaded some more 2003 season pics from our place here in Eire to
the website
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture-...clogher03.html

I haven't had the time to work on other sections, such as useful plants,
livestock, books so contributions from old and new alt.pc subscribers
are welcome. Any format is ok, I can do the html coding, just send it to
me by email. Formatting and uploading is a quick job, it's just the
writing that I never get around to. We get a lot of hits / referrals
from Len's pages and from Lawrence London's pages, as well as from
search engines of course. That must mean that there are a lot of folks
looking for info on permaculture, especially practical examples and
pics. Let's give 'em something!
The main page is at
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture-online/index.html

Cheers,
Ute
Old 23-11-2003, 05:32 PM
len gardener

g'day ute,

that's great to hear that pc is still drawing lots of interest, was
looking like it may ahve been waning a bit with the ng being so quiet
and the other own.eco group all but defunk, also i am in a pc forum
that is very quiet, do get a bit of stuff coming through from pc
pacific rim newsletter group, but all in all not exactly on fire.

take care

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

http://home.dnet.aunz.com/gardnlen/
Old 23-11-2003, 10:14 PM
pete

"Ute Bohnsack" wrote in message
[...]

Hiya Ute
Loved the pictures and the info, thankyou for these.

The goats look cute ... I want some

I notice I can access the upload area on the site but can't access the
download or read docs part, wouldn't it be more useful the other way round?
so people can download and read the articles but not upload any without
authorisation?

Pete

---

Old 24-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Fran

"len gardener" wrote in message

yep but handy runs out when resources such as usable or needed
material aren't around,

Don't ya just hate that? Obviously you live where too many people know the
value of having a good PUS pile. Round here people still throw out good
stuff - too many well off people with aspirations of living a TV lifestyle.

yep there are certainly some noticable changes around here all for the
better, even some of our early tree plantings are looking noticable,
of course the citrus and stone fruit orchid looks a dream those trees
are growing up a storm and giving us fruit in season.

That all sounds quite excellent progress. Let us know when you do some more
pics of the plants for your site. I have a lemon which has now survived 2
winters but it hasn't grown at all. I'm going to start feeding it lots and
see if it will get a wriggle on. I has flowers now but now more new leaves.
I might ask Himself to start peeing on it as the last duty before goign to
bed. I seem to remember from somewhere that this is supposed to be very
good for lemons.

Last yearw e planted 2 apples and they have taken off like rockets and my
eating grape is also doing well so I'm pleased with them.

got some casuarina seedlings off of ted

Lovely trees -always make me think of poetry as Paterson writes of the wind
in the casuarina trees.

want some pods from it let me know and I can send you some.

i would need to find out how to germinate them but yes all donations
gratefully accepted,

Accacias are dead easy. All you do is drop the seeds into freshly boiled
water (poured from thekettle into some sort of container) add the seeds,
leave to soak overnight and then plant in seed raising mix next day and keep
warmish till they germinate.

we are wanting to create an area of cas's and
white cedar + whatever else for the black cockatoos, we see quiet a
few yellow tailed one's but very few red tailed one's. had the luxury
of having 4 reds spend some time around our place and next door last
week they where eating the black acacia seeds.

Wow - sounds glorious. I love the black cockies. I don't think I've ever
seen thered tailed ones but we certainly get the big yellow tailed ones.
The fly over screeching and raving to each other every now and then.

last but not least the horse radish sadly succumbed to drought
conditions, and we thought it was invincibale, so we never got to
using it's cullenary delights.

Well that is a surprise. Mine is certainly being as tough as an old boot.

Let me know your snail addy and I'll send you some more horseradish and the
pods as they become ripe.

Old 24-11-2003, 02:59 AM
Fran

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Less grass and more beds, just about sums it up; but am currently
employed in the Great Leap Forward towards indoor civilisation. I have
blisters on my knees :-( from crawling about staining and varnishing the
newly sanded floorboards.

Yeah yeah, we believe you, though we know that most people would think you'd
just been grovelling for some reason.

Old 24-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Fran" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Less grass and more beds, just about sums it up; but am currently
employed in the Great Leap Forward towards indoor civilisation. I have
blisters on my knees :-( from crawling about staining and varnishing the
newly sanded floorboards.

Yeah yeah, we believe you, though we know that most people would think you'd
just been grovelling for some reason.

The winning side doesn't grovel :-)))))))))))))))

Smug commiserations to all you Aussies.

Janet

Old 24-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Fran

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message from "Fran" contains these

words:

Yeah yeah, we believe you, though we know that most people would think

you'd
just been grovelling for some reason.

The winning side doesn't grovel :-)))))))))))))))

Smug commiserations to all you Aussies.

Aaaah, the Thugby. Must admit that I didn't lower myself sufficiently to
watch it.

(Meoooow)

Old 25-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Homefinders

Couldn't get away from the dastardly game here in Aussieland whether one
wanted to or not!!

Judanne

u...

Old 25-11-2003, 08:32 AM
len gardener

ah we did judanne,

no free to air tv reception here (just how backward we are as a
country) can't afford satellite repeats that we saw on cable 5 years
ago so yup we missed all the hoopla while watching a cheap rental
vcr, great stuff realy.

len n bev

snipped

Old 26-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Fran

"Homefinders" wrote in message

Couldn't get away from the dastardly game here in Aussieland whether one
wanted to or not!!

Judanne

Oh dear; you mean to tell us that you have let the remote control device
move out of your sphere of influence? Fatal error that.

Old 27-11-2003, 12:42 AM
pete

"Fran" wrote in message
u...
"Homefinders" wrote in message

Couldn't get away from the dastardly game here in Aussieland whether one
wanted to or not!!

Judanne

Oh dear; you mean to tell us that you have let the remote control device
move out of your sphere of influence? Fatal error that.

??? there is no "sphere of influence" when it comes to wimmin and remotes

The remote is and will always be a male thing.... it's just the way of the
world.... no use fightin it

Although if we needed it while outside we'd get ya to put in ya handbag.

---

Old 27-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "pete" contains these words:

The remote is and will always be a male thing.... it's just the way of the
world.... no use fightin it

So why do men never know where it is?

Janet
Old 28-11-2003, 08:12 AM
pete

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "pete" contains these words:

The remote is and will always be a male thing.... it's just the way of

the
world.... no use fightin it

So why do men never know where it is?

We're talkin about the remote right? :-)

My guess is.... women hide it just to annoy us ... like our socks and the
car keys ....oh and that half inch tubing we put down the side of the shed
in case we needed it one day.

Pete

---

Test test Al Zymer United Kingdom 1 14-03-2003 08:44 PM
test J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 08-02-2003 01:59 AM
test J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 07-02-2003 11:01 PM
test gardener J Edible Gardening 0 30-01-2003 11:54 PM
test Jerry Hoffmeister Orchids 3 30-01-2003 09:26 PM