Old 27-03-2004, 02:08 AM
stan the man

Default davis california

anyone else doing what has been done in Davis Village
California?

Old 27-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Fran

"stan the man" wrote in message
anyone else doing what has been done in Davis Village
California?

Not in the same way as they they have done although there are certainly
plenty of eco villages around now.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:13 AM
Homefinders

I ran a Google search, here is the result

Results 1 - 10 of about 226,000 for Eco Villages.

so just take your pick,

Judanne

"stan the man" wrote in message ...
can you tell me where these eco villages are and/or who designed them?

. au...

Old 06-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Fran

"stan the man" wrote in message
can you tell me where these eco villages are and/or who designed them?

Well for a start, Findhorn is now describing itself as an ecovillage, but
since it has now been around since Adam was a boy I guess it was a
collective effort when it came to design. I suspect that if you expect a
single person to be "the designer" you must be looking for recent
developments????? Like the past 10 years or so????

But when it comes to Aus then you probably should consider doing a search at
google for places liek Crystal Waters or I think a place is SA which had
Wallaby? or perhaps Kangaroo? Eco village as part of the title and there
were awhole swag of them spotted up and down the northern coast of NSW and
into Qld.

Get yourself off to a local library if you want places in Aus and look up
some old Grass Roots or Earth Garden mags. I know I've seen ecovillages
advertised in there (usually as MO places for sale but given that I'm not
all that interested I've not bothered to remember the names.

. au...

Old 04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man
We are building an eco-village in Co. Tipperary, Ireland. Davis has been an inspiration, and we are incorporating many of the same themes. Have a look at http://thevillage.ie for more details.

Ping Davis H-S FarmI Australia 1 02-05-2009 04:23 AM
where to buy plants in Sacramento/Davis area Chris Freshwater Aquaria Plants 9 26-09-2003 11:45 PM
California sued over pesticide effects in 'pristine' Sierra Re-elect Gore in 2004 alt.forestry 0 05-12-2002 12:42 AM
27 Years Ago: Truffles in California Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 06-11-2002 10:16 AM