Old 11-03-2003, 09:48 PM
PaddyS

Default Pruning tips for Xanthorrhoea required

Hi ,
I have moved into a new house in the UK and found a Xanthorrhoea ( grass
tree or black boy) the grass part of the plant seems to be brownish with the
odd hit of possible life, or death. I brought into the conservatory which is
frost free. I would like to prune the dead grass. and would like a few tips
I have had a look on the net and could not find a reference to pruning the
grass head.
I would like to cut back the grassy head and fingers crossed it may be
alive.
Any advice would be very appreciated.
Paddy