Old 02-01-2008, 12:23 AM posted to bionet.plants

Default Staghorn fern

Pierre

I have a stag horn that was left to me by my late father. It would be at
least 25 years old and measures about 1 metre square.

I have remounted it onto a timber board several times in the past 15
years, however it is too large and heavy to remain sustainable. As a
consequence it has fallen off the board, or the board has rotted and the
whole thing has come tumbling off the wall.

If possible I would like to rejuvenate the poor old thing and dissect it
into smaller plants, one for each of my 3 children.

I have no gardening ability however this is something of sentimental
importance.

I would very much appreciate some advice.

Regards

Peter

Peter J Eblen

Dealer Principal

Eblens at Glenelg.

Subaru

114 Brighton Rd Glenelg South Australia 5045

Australia

+618 8350 7777

Eblens at Angaston.

Subaru and Suzuki

71 Murray St. Angaston 5353 South Australia

Australia

+618 85613700

Mobile: 0418827830

Staghorn fern Wendy7 Garden Photos 4 24-07-2010 04:12 AM
Staghorn and other fern propagation Andrew G Australia 10 21-02-2004 07:07 AM
staghorn fern - Platycerium bifurcatum Bonnie Punch Gardening 3 03-02-2004 09:44 PM
staghorn fern - Platycerium bifurcatum Bonnie Punch Gardening 0 29-01-2004 04:22 AM
staghorn fern - Platycerium bifurcatum Bonnie Punch Gardening 0 29-01-2004 04:13 AM