Practical Summer Workshop in Functional Genomics at OSU

Old 03-03-2014, 03:09 PM posted to bionet.plants

Default Practical Summer Workshop in Functional Genomics at OSU

A quick reminder for people interested in this workshop- review of applications will commence April 1st, so please apply early.

Dear Colleagues,

We will be having this year the 4th Practical Summer Workshop in Functional Genomics (PSWGF, June 9 to 20) at Ohio State University. As in the past, it will be an honor to have students, postdocs and even faculty from your institutions participate. We are building a world-class set of speakers (confirmed list below), and the research will cover several state-of-the-art techniques to address fundamental questions in plant systems biology. You can find more information at http://caps.osu.edu/2014-fgw. The site is being constantly updated to include schedules, events and other information, as they develop. It also has links to previous events that would give you a better idea of what we have done before. The site also contains a link for applications. We anticipate having room for 20 to 30 participants. There will be a limited number of fellowships that we intend to award to participants in real need.

I would very much appreciate if you could start spreading the word and directing interested individuals to apply. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
JC Jang
Coordinator, 2014 PSWFG

Confirmed Speakers
Sarah Assmann, Penn State
Philip Benfey, Duke, HHMI
Dominique Bergman, Stanford, HHMI
Kenneth Birnbaum, NYU
Mario Caccamo, The Genome Analysis Center, UK
Mary Gehring, Whitehead/MIT
Rob Last, Michigan State
John McDowell, Virginia Tech
Tom Okita, Washington State