Old 14-02-2003, 01:14 PM
mmcpherson0563

Default Houseplant problems...

Hi Joe ,I once had gnats or what I think were gnats.I just stopped watering
the plants as much -drying out the soil before watering.I would let them get
to the point were they would start showing signs of not enough water.
When I did water them.I would give them just enough to come back , also I
found injecting water with a syringe a few inches below the soil worked
better than the plants that I just poured small amounts of water on.Both
methods did not hurt the plants other than losing a few leaves but it did
get rid of the problem.
I try not to use any type of pesticide of chemical other than fertilizer on
my plants.
Don't worry about what people call crossposting,some people just need
something to complain about.
"John Doe" wrote in message
My plants seem to have this fungus growing on the top of the soil. It
appears as a white powder in splotches around the soil. Here are pictures
to better explain:

http://joe.flintaero.com/gallery/fungus-among-us

I am also having problems with gnats, that I think hatched in the soil,

and
are now flying all around the apartment. I have tried spraying soapy

water
on the top of the soil, but no luck. Anyone know what caused these or how
to get rid of them?

Thanks!

Old 23-02-2003, 01:24 AM
rusty

Hey, I agree with you, just seems that cereoid@prodigy just loves to strap
on the high heels an turn the flame thrower up to scroched earth....
Hmmm... maybe that is the way to get good serile soil.

But seriously, have you tried to treat for Spider Mites, and the such.

BTW, cereoid, not all new readers show all groups. You hit me before like I
am a stupid idiot.... but sorry love, I am not

"John Doe" wrote in message
Hey, if I have a question, why not post it in other groups? They are
relevant questions for the newsgroups I posted them in.

However it appears that you crossposted your message as well.

"Cereoid+10" wrote in message
Would appear your bigger problem is cross posting with rec.gardens!!

You not only have a fungus but fungus gnats too!!!

Use a real insecticide and a fungicide.

Typically it is caused by using a soil mix that is not sterile.

Old 23-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Cereoid+10

I didn't know that there were different types of idiots. What type to you
claim to be, Corrosion?

You're another one of those "Masturbating Gardeners", aren't you?

Spider mites do not cause fungal rot, Rufus.

houseplant problems star333 Gardening 0 25-10-2005 02:26 PM
Mosquito Magnet Pro problems - anyone else having problems? Bruce Berger Gardening 2 04-09-2003 12:02 AM
Houseplant problems... John Doe Plant Biology 9 23-04-2003 02:33 PM
Houseplant problems... John Doe Gardening 15 23-02-2003 04:15 AM
How water ivy houseplant ~ rob ~ United Kingdom 1 07-12-2002 06:56 PM