Old 14-02-2003, 02:55 PM
mmcpherson0563

Default Grapefruit questions

Hi Carl , I just started growing a few grapefruit seeds last summer which
have turned into 2 nice little plants.One is twice the size of the other.
One is 4 inches the other is just over 2 inches. Both are in different pots
of the same size and both have the same soil and are in the same area of the
house. I can't explained the difference in growth but if you have any hints
or any info I could use I would greatly appreciate it.
Glenn T.
"Carl West" wrote in message

I've been growing two grapefruit seeds for a couple of years in the same

pot. One is about two feet tall the other is about 5 inches. Could the one
be limiting the other?

The tall plant has no branches, it just keeps growing straight up (well

OK, toward the window, I turn it now and then). I know nothing of the growth
pattern for these plants. Do I need to wait for it to branch on its own? or
shall I clip the lead sprout and hope that encourages side-growth?

I also have less pressing questions about pot-size and watering schedules.
Could someone point me to web-based info that might hold the answers to my

questions?

--
Carl West http://eisen.home.attbi.com

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be stolen out
of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.
- Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1
-