Old 26-02-2003, 02:41 AM
Tom Markert

Default Jade plant

Hey, new to the group so please be nice...
My girlfriend bought me a jade plant as a gift and I would like to
repot it. (it probably needs it)
I know a bit about plants from having the aquatic types that I raise
and used to sell to pet shops, but what I wanted to ask is:
Should I do it now while it is somewhat dormant (being winter here)
And what would be the best soil mixture to use? ie part sand/part
potting soil... Straight mushroom soil... ecetra.....
Anyfertilizers to start with? In the aqua stuff we put down a "first
layer" that helps feed the roots...
Sorry I dont remember the scientific name, but it seems to be a common
Jade plant...
Thanks in advance
Old 26-02-2003, 02:51 AM
jammer

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/ptlk/1320.html
This should answer most of your questions. If not, hit "search" and
type in "jade plant" and you should find the answer.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:41:46 -0500, Tom Markert
wrote:

Hey, new to the group so please be nice...
My girlfriend bought me a jade plant as a gift and I would like to
repot it. (it probably needs it)
I know a bit about plants from having the aquatic types that I raise
and used to sell to pet shops, but what I wanted to ask is:
Should I do it now while it is somewhat dormant (being winter here)
And what would be the best soil mixture to use? ie part sand/part
potting soil... Straight mushroom soil... ecetra.....
Anyfertilizers to start with? In the aqua stuff we put down a "first
layer" that helps feed the roots...
Sorry I dont remember the scientific name, but it seems to be a common
Jade plant...
Thanks in advance

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 26-02-2003, 03:57 AM
Tom Markert

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:51:09 -0600, jammer wrote:

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/ptlk/1320.html
This should answer most of your questions. If not, hit "search" and
type in "jade plant" and you should find the answer.

Thanks a TON! I bookmarked that site so I can use it for other
research later (have lotsa windowsills to fill)

Old 26-02-2003, 04:34 AM
jammer

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:57:00 -0500, Tom Markert
wrote:

Thanks a TON! I bookmarked that site so I can use it for other
research later (have lotsa windowsills to fill)

Your welcome
jammer