Old 12-08-2008, 06:13 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default submissions to PLANTS

Has anyone tried submitting new records to the USDA PLANTS database?
They ask for records to update their county-by-county maps, and
they're missing some very obvious species from near where I live in
New Mexico. I've submitted three of these based on photographs, the
first around the end of June, and haven't heard anything. Does anyone
know how long it takes to hear back? Does anyone know whether they
tell you if they reject a submission, or you just have to notice that
they /still/ don't shade that county on their map?

I understand that they're the government and have lots to do, but I
need feedback from them. I have more I could submit, but I hate to do
it if my submissions are flawed and I'm never going to know why.

Yes, I might collect voucher specimens. If I have to.

--
Jerry Friedman apologizes to anyone who has seen this on the N.M.