Old 17-09-2008, 11:13 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default What's this crop growing in my yard?

Pic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhhardin/2866590582/

I thought it was going to turn out to be corn but
it obviously isn't.

I suspect rooster poop planted it; we have a
rooster surviving from a group of seven dropped
off by some mysterious egg farmer last September
(they survive Ohio winter fine but whenever a
particular neighbor's dog gets loose a couple of
roosters meet death.). But it doesn't match any
crop planted nearby, those being corn and
soybeans. It might come from somebody's bird
feeder.

Central Ohio.

Old 18-09-2008, 04:27 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Looks like millet.

-Philip

Ron Hardin wrote:
Pic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhhardin/2866590582/

I thought it was going to turn out to be corn but
it obviously isn't.

I suspect rooster poop planted it; we have a
rooster surviving from a group of seven dropped
off by some mysterious egg farmer last September
(they survive Ohio winter fine but whenever a
particular neighbor's dog gets loose a couple of
roosters meet death.). But it doesn't match any
crop planted nearby, those being corn and
soybeans. It might come from somebody's bird
feeder.

Central Ohio.

Please help me identify this flower growing in my Yard. Al[_2_] Gardening 2 16-09-2007 08:32 PM
what is this growing in my yard? Dawn Gardening 2 20-04-2005 05:20 PM
Fern growing in my yard Angela Coffey Gardening 3 18-04-2003 01:08 AM
crop rotation Jane VR Permaculture 2 03-04-2003 12:56 AM
economic interest of crop modelling Marie-Claude Deboin sci.agriculture 0 03-03-2003 10:39 AM