Old 25-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered User

Red face Cuttings

How Do I Get Cuttings From A Bay Tree,so That I Can Grow Them,and When Is The Best Time To Do It ,thanks To Any One Who May Answer
Edge151
Old 25-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE151 View Post
How Do I Get Cuttings From A Bay Tree,so That I Can Grow Them,and When Is The Best Time To Do It ,thanks To Any One Who May Answer
Edge151
Spring. New growth (soft tip) cuttings are best and should be taken when plant is actively growing , usually the warmer months. make sure the cutting is strong enough to stand by it self , and no thicker than a ...hmm , computer mouse cord , I mean a third of a pencil thickness. I have grown plenty this way and use a medium which is sand based. Be prepared to wait and dont give up on them to soon. dunno if i have helped or confused the matter lol as i know not where you live or if you have taken a cutting off of any plant before. good luck an god bless

Seldom do we realise why. Why do we seldom realise?
Old 27-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris anthem um View Post
Spring. New growth (soft tip) cuttings are best and should be taken when plant is actively growing , usually the warmer months. make sure the cutting is strong enough to stand by it self , and no thicker than a ...hmm , computer mouse cord , I mean a third of a pencil thickness. I have grown plenty this way and use a medium which is sand based. Be prepared to wait and dont give up on them to soon. dunno if i have helped or confused the matter lol as i know not where you live or if you have taken a cutting off of any plant before. good luck an god bless

Seldom do we realise why. Why do we seldom realise?
hi Kris
this will be my first time at taking a cutting,as to where we are ,is by the sea in the south,very nice most of the time,but i digress.i think that has been most helpful,and if warm in the next few weeks will make a start.
all the best edge151

Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
[IBC] Suckers as cuttings Neal Ross Bonsai 2 13-02-2003 02:55 AM
succulent cuttings Iris Cohen Gardening 1 10-02-2003 09:25 AM
cactus cuttings flavrcntry Gardening 2 09-02-2003 03:36 PM
Cuttings, and trading roses Suzanne in CA Roses 3 09-02-2003 08:01 AM