Old 18-06-2009, 09:02 AM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.environment

Default rain came and best summer in over 5 years our average yearlyrainfall is 66 cm, but already have a Spring drought; ALTERNATING work;solving strawberries and asparagus and watermelon

wrote:
Well, the good news is that I am finished for this season with
the transplanting of crowded out and shaded out plants such
as asparagus, rhubarb, lillies, tulips, peonies and some
black-walnuts.

So now on to the next projects-- grass mowing and watering
and wood cleanup.

But this is the first year that I have experienced a drought
right in the middle of Springtime. The past 5 years all have all
dry years but that was concentrated in July and August. This
year it is starting in May and we are 8 cm behind in rain (3 inches).
Our average yearly total is 66 cm of rainfall (26 inches).

Maybe that is the best pattern for summer rain. I wrote the above
on May 20th where we were behind by 3 inches. But today is 18 June
and we have had a series of showers about every week, so that
I have not had to get out there and water brigade buckets as in
the last 5 summers.

Maybe this summer is the best summer ever for South Dakota.

Maybe this pattern is the best where we go through a dry Springtime
and thence have a Summer loaded with plenty of showers.

The best summer I ever had in my life was in the mid 1990s, when
a Philippine volcano erupted sending ash into the atmosphere and
causing the summer to be extraordinarily cool with alot of rainfall.

So I may ask the question. Has there been a large volcanic eruption
this Spring somewhere in the world? And is that eruption affecting
this Spring and Summer weather worldwide?

Maybe with all the dirt in the air and the CO2 that we have created
a humanmade volcano like simulation of the 1990s Philippine eruption.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

solving strawberries and solving asparagus a_plutonium Plant Science 0 10-06-2007 10:39 PM
Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
dog-gone another drought, only this is a Spring time drought [email protected] Plant Science 5 06-06-2006 06:27 PM
alternating light Heather Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-11-2003 08:22 PM
Solving the Drought and Bushfire crisis S. McLaren Australia 28 05-04-2003 06:35 AM