Old 10-08-2009, 01:47 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Which newsgroup can I post photos of plants for identification?

Which newsgroup can I post photos of plants for identification?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:15 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

In article ,
wrote:
Which newsgroup can I post photos of plants for identification?

Don't post photos to newsgroups. Put them on a web site and post the
URLs here or in other groups, e.g. gardening groups for domesticated
plants.

Be sure to give the geographical location of the plant. For many plants,
it's important to see flowers and/or fruits to be able to identify them.
Other info about the plants may also be helpful.

For example:

"Flowers in a roadside ditch near the north shore of Lake Erie in early spring"
"Tree growing in a cedar swamp near Ottawa, Ontario"
"Vine in a hanging basket in Stockholm Sweden in July"
"Orchid at the botanical garden in Singapore"
"Lichen in a crevice on the south face of Mt Everest at about 5000 m"
"This thing is taking over my grandma's garden in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan"

Looking forward to another round of Name That Plant!