Old 10-05-2010, 06:45 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Help with Flower Identification

Hello from Arizona,
I am wondering if anyone out there can identify this flowering plant
in my yard. It has a beautiful little Red flower on it. I can't find
it in any of my wildflower books. I know it was planted here though
years ago.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen...ol-1443157@N22
Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

In message
,
Even Steven writes
Hello from Arizona,
I am wondering if anyone out there can identify this flowering plant
in my yard. It has a beautiful little Red flower on it. I can't find
it in any of my wildflower books. I know it was planted here though
years ago.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen...ol-1443157@N22

A Salvia, possibly Salvia microphylla, but if you're in Arizona there's
probably a wide variety of possible identifications.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley