Old 22-08-2011, 06:23 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Can anyone identify these pale, white-yellow flowers?

Can anyone identify these pale, white-yellow flowers?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/80242669...el-coloured-in

Thanks.

Robert
Old 23-08-2011, 03:00 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

On Aug 21, 10:23*pm, Robert Montgomery rober...@northern-data-tech-
llc.com wrote:
Can anyone identify these pale, white-yellow flowers?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/80242669...rs-pastel-colo...

Thanks.

Robert

A double rose of some sort, the exact cultivar would be easier to
figure out if the listing named the Botanical Garden the picture was
taken at.
Old 25-08-2011, 12:56 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

llc.com wrote:
Can anyone identify these pale, white-yellow flowers?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/80242669...rs-pastel-colo...

Thanks.

Robert

A double rose of some sort, the exact cultivar would be easier to
figure out if the listing named the Botanical Garden the picture was
taken at.

Thanks, Capheind.

The botanical Garden is Park and Tilford
(http://www.parkandtilford.ca/pandtgardens.htm). I don't think the name
of the gardens will help because the Web site is skimpy.

I have more pictures of plants that I made there that I need to
identify, so I've decided to make a print of thumbnails from my computer
and printer, and phone the gardens to try to make an appointment with a
horticulturalist or groundskeeper to identify the plants, after showing
him or her my sheet of thumbnails.

(I'm embarrassed to admit that I know so little about flowers that I
can't tell the differences among sunflowers, yellow daisies and
black-eyed susans I looked up those three species on Google Images
but it just confused me.)

Robert.

Old 25-08-2011, 11:00 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

In message , Robert Montgomery
writes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damned_yellow_composite
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 26-08-2011, 02:57 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

On Aug 25, 4:56*am, Robert Montgomery rober...@northern-data-tech-
llc.com wrote:
Thanks, Capheind.

The botanical Garden is Park and Tilford
(http://www.parkandtilford.ca/pandtgardens.htm). I don't think the name
of the gardens will help because the Web site is skimpy.

I have more pictures of plants that I made there that I need to
identify, so I've decided to make a print of thumbnails from my computer
and printer, and phone the gardens to try to make an appointment with a
horticulturalist or groundskeeper to identify the plants, after showing
him or her my sheet of thumbnails.
Robert.

Were any of these labeled? I often snap a closeup of the label after
photographing a plant at a botanical garden just to keep it all
together.