Old 16-03-2013, 09:03 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default SENSITIVE PLANT OR CARNIVORES

On Wednesday, October 13, 1999 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I just read the post about cloves, an remembered about the sensitive
plants that I first encountered in Vieques, Puerto Rico. Not only do
the leaves fold in response to touch, but all of the leaves on the plant
will fold, in response to the touch; of a finger, a raindrop, a bug, or
even the wind on any part of the plant. I have long been curious about
how this information is transmitted throughout the plant. I'd really
love to be enlightened. To a lesser degree I'd like to know how the
carnivores respond. Please pardon my english, it is not my native
tongue. Thank you so very much.