Need Help to ID Palm Tree

Old 24-06-2015, 04:27 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Need Help to ID Palm Tree

This one came up wild. I thought it was a bush until I started trimming. There is a large trunk in the center about 2-3 feet diameter about 4-feet up from the ground, and smaller "trunks" all around it.

View of entire tree, looking north
http://tinypic.com/r/2zi0kd2/8 or....
http://s249.photobucket.com/user/sam...REE01.jpg.html

View of entire tree, looking west
http://i62.tinypic.com/2gy83gi.jpg or...
http://s249.photobucket.com/user/sam...REE02.jpg.html

Close up of main trunk
http://s249.photobucket.com/user/sam...REE03.jpg.html

Anyone know what it might be?

The main trunk is about 1-ft from a concrete block wall, and the smaller trunk on that side is almost touching it. No choice on the small trunk - it has to be cut back. But I'm wondering if the large is also too close to the wall and roots could damage it?

Thanks in advance!

Snuffy