Old 18-02-2003, 04:33 PM
o8TY

Default Theophrastus - missing bits

--
o8TY

Old 18-02-2003, 04:35 PM
o8TY

My apologies to all for the lack of content in the above post.

I am seeking a Greek/English copy of the sections 9.18.2 to the beginning of
9.19 in Theophrastus - Enquiry into Plants, which were omitted by the
editors of my 1948 (MCMXLVIII) LOEB edition translated by Sir Arthur Holt,
and also every other edition I have so far been able to locate.

If someone could please advise which, if any, editions carry these sections,
or better still, if someone could somehow forward the relevent sections to
me, I would indeed be most grateful.

The material is required purely for research purposes.

Thanks in advance

Old 18-02-2003, 05:03 PM
I Don't Like Spam

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 03:35:54 +1100, "o8TY" wrote:

My apologies to all for the lack of content in the above post.

I am seeking a Greek/English copy of the sections 9.18.2 to the beginning of
9.19 in Theophrastus - Enquiry into Plants, which were omitted by the
editors of my 1948 (MCMXLVIII) LOEB edition translated by Sir Arthur Holt,
and also every other edition I have so far been able to locate.

If someone could please advise which, if any, editions carry these sections,
or better still, if someone could somehow forward the relevent sections to
me, I would indeed be most grateful.

The material is required purely for research purposes.

Thanks in advance

Don't know if this is what you need, but:

from www.koeltz.com

EINARSON, B. AND G. K. K. LINK (EDS.): theophrastus' De Causis
Plantarum. 6 vols. 1976-1990. 1287 p. Hardcover. (070637)
86.00 EURO (US$ 96.00)

Bound in 3 volumes, bilingual (Greek/English), containing 6 books by
Theophrastus.