Why do grapes crack

Old 28-07-2003, 12:04 AM
asaad78

Default Why do grapes crack

Why is it that during the veraison stage more grapes are susceptible to cracking
Old 28-07-2003, 01:04 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

So, what's the big deal with "grape nuts"?

They're not nuts and there's no grapes in them!!

So, what's the big deal?

om...

Old 28-07-2003, 04:02 AM
[email protected]

On 28-Jul-2003, (asaad78) wrote:

Why is it that during the veraison stage more grapes are susceptible to
cracking

I don't know about grapes at veraison may they may behave similarly to other
fruit at ripening.

In tomatoes the cell walls weaken during ripening and the internal pressure
of the cells is all transferred to the skin which often cracks under the
stress.

Cheers
Old 28-07-2003, 08:43 AM
asaad78

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message .com...
So, what's the big deal with "grape nuts"?

They're not nuts and there's no grapes in them!!

So, what's the big deal?

The hell you talking about?!! do you even know what the question is about?
Old 28-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Iris Cohen

Why is it that during the veraison stage more grapes are susceptible to
cracking BRBR

I imagine for the same reason you get cracking in tomatoes. if they are allowed
to get a little too dry and then watered heavily, the soft inside tissue swells
more than the skin can handle it, so they crack. In tomatoes, the solution is
to water more frequently in hot weather & grow crack resistant varieties.
probably true with grapes also.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Old 30-07-2003, 06:23 AM
Matthew Montchalin

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Cereoid-UR12- wrote:
|So, what's the big deal with "grape nuts"?

I think it's the 'malted' flavor (if I spelled that right) that
is somewhat reminiscent of grapes. And as for the nuts, it is
the crunchiness of the grain that reminds a person of that particular
texture.

|They're not nuts and there's no grapes in them!!
|
|So, what's the big deal?

Were we all as lucky as that breakfast cereal pioneer, we could
all stick a feather in our hat. And rightfully so, too.

Old 31-07-2003, 04:37 AM
Beverly Erlebacher

In article ,
Cereoid-UR12- wrote:
So, what's the big deal with "grape nuts"?

They're not nuts and there's no grapes in them!!

Doesn't it have raisins in it? As far as nuts, pelleted livestock feeds
were called nuts at one time, probably the cereal was invented then.

So, what's the big deal?

What big deal?

Old 02-08-2003, 01:13 AM
Sean Houtman

From: "Cereoid-UR12-"

So, what's the big deal with "grape nuts"?

They're not nuts and there's no grapes in them!!

So, what's the big deal?

You really should reference your material, this one is so old that Bob Hope
(MHRIP) never used it.

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page;
http://members.aol.com/grommit383/myhomepage

Grapes How much sunlight? berries Australia 2 13-04-2003 01:08 PM
Concord Grapes Gardening 0 11-04-2003 11:20 AM
Concord Grapes Warren Gardening 0 04-04-2003 06:08 PM
Seedless grapes David Hershey Plant Science 9 05-03-2003 01:27 AM
Grapes In Miami Dwayne Edible Gardening 1 21-02-2003 11:03 AM