Old 25-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default funny thing happened on the way to the honeylocust graft shop

Funny thing happened in that several years ago I planted 3 rows of
honeylocust of 30 trees in 3 rows for the future mission of grafting
those trees with the sunburst yellow gold color. But the funny part is
that some of those 30 trees have a pretty red luminescence color on
their new leafs that to me is prettier than the yellow gold color. So I
maybe will change my mind and attitude and try to look for and graft a
*red honeylocust*.

I suppose it is vain that humans spend so much time on a pursuit of
color in horticulture.

I think what gives me the most pleasure in horticulture is those plants
that love living where they live rather than those plants that require
much of my time. An example is the apricot trees versus the currant
bushes. The apricots seem to do okay but never reward me with fruit. The
currants seem to thrive and their fruit is so overwhelming that it goes
unharvested. Then there are the raspberries. And how much time I spent
on them weeding and watering in dry years and how much they struggle and
how sparse their fruit. So I think that it is a matter of "time
consideration" as to what trees and plants one grows not only for food
but for landscaping. Do not plant trees or plants that struggle, but
plant those that thrive in that spot.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.archimedesplutonium.com
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium