Old 31-07-2005, 03:20 PM
V.V.

Default Ordered Tank...Need filter suggestions

Thanks again to everyone for your input. I have ordered the Behlen tank
from a wonderful local distributor.

My next question is pump/filter related. The above ground pond/fountain
will be 389 gallons (6 foot round).

I want to get a filter and pump that will be easiest to maintain, best size
for my fountain and affordable. I've seen some out there for 250.00 I'd
like to possibly stay at or below that. I have to say that I am so new to
this (do have an aquariam so experienced with fish and filtration though) so
when addressing my question, I ask that you us "simple" terms ) I'm open
to making my own as well but again, don't know about back flushing etc.

I've tried to find sights or books but have not been able to find ones that
are helpful. You-all have proven to be the best help!

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

Vince in Naples Florida

"V.V." wrote in message
Hello all-
Another question. I tried to order a stock tank from Tractor Supply. I
talked to a woman who said she'd order it and to check back in two weeks.
just checked and I'm not confident that she even knew who I was or ordered
it since she just asked me to call back. Okay, bottom line...where else
can
we order these tanks and could they just be delivered to our homes? Here
are the specs of what I'd like:

METAL STOCK TANK
Heavy galvanized corrugated sidewalls and extra heavy 20 gauge galvanized
tank bottoms. Built to stand up under the most severe conditions.
DEPTH SIZE/STYLE CAPACITY
2' 6 Round 395 Gals.

I'm willing to get a plastic one also but not sure where to look . Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vince

Old 31-07-2005, 11:42 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:20:44 -0400, "V.V." wrote:

Thanks again to everyone for your input. I have ordered the Behlen tank
from a wonderful local distributor.

My next question is pump/filter related. The above ground pond/fountain
will be 389 gallons (6 foot round).

I want to get a filter and pump that will be easiest to maintain, best size
for my fountain and affordable. I've seen some out there for 250.00 I'd
like to possibly stay at or below that. I have to say that I am so new to
this (do have an aquariam so experienced with fish and filtration though) so
when addressing my question, I ask that you us "simple" terms ) I'm open
to making my own as well but again, don't know about back flushing etc.

I've tried to find sights or books but have not been able to find ones that
are helpful. You-all have proven to be the best help!

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

Vince in Naples Florida

I give a detailed description of my filter on my website under *My Filter*
and *D.pond Filter* for the parts. I'm sure you could make a smaller
version using smaller and/or fewer containers. ~ jan www.jjspond.us

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~