Old 04-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Lyn

Default 250 gal pond and need most efficent pump

Hi,

I want a pump that will cost the least to run since it will
be running fairly constantly. I plan mostly a water garden
so I will probably have lots of leaves dropping into water.
I will also keep mosquito fish in it. Any filter considerations
welcome!!!

So any recommendations for 250 gal. (oblong shape with
three "fingers") pond are much appreciated.

Lyn

Old 23-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Mark Dawson

In article ,
"Lyn" wrote:

Hi,

I want a pump that will cost the least to run since it will
be running fairly constantly. I plan mostly a water garden
so I will probably have lots of leaves dropping into water.
I will also keep mosquito fish in it. Any filter considerations
welcome!!!

So any recommendations for 250 gal. (oblong shape with
three "fingers") pond are much appreciated.

Lyn

I would recommend the Aqua Sea pumps--they're VERY efficient (some less
than .9 amp). These are above ground pumps, not submersible--however
when I installed my 3600 gph pump, I paid for the pump in 4 months (1.4
amp vs 7.2 amp). They ARE very quite (as advertised). The only issue
is that they don't run with air in their lines, and in my case, if they
are shut off, I have to work "priming" the lines to get them started (my
holding tank is uphill, so if power goes off, all the water drains to
the bottom)Šhttp://www.dolphinpumps.com/newpage1.htm

Mark

We sell edible and biodiesel oil such as RBD PalmOil...$220usd,JatrophaOil...$250 ronik432 Permaculture 0 03-04-2008 11:23 PM
filter for 250 gal outdoor pond - how to make? Lyn Ponds 5 10-08-2005 03:01 AM
250 gal, best pump Lyn Ponds 2 05-08-2005 02:56 PM
Selecting an efficent pond pump Pat Ponds 15 25-06-2004 06:11 PM
Need advice on a 200 gal tank Kenneth Ho Freshwater Aquaria Plants 14 01-04-2004 09:26 PM