Old 28-06-2006, 11:36 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Kermit290

Default Pond filter pumps in pools

I am new to Google groups. Perhaps you can advise me.

I have a kids pool at my home that holds 713 gallons. I haven't found
a good solution for filtering the pool. All the pool filters for small
pools are poor quality, and not worth the money. I was recently
directed to pond filters.

I know pond filters/pumps are not recommended for pools, and I am
seeking the reasons.

1.) Is is because of the electrical hazard associated with a
submersible pump?
2.) I also understand that pond filters generally filter out 50-100
micron size particles where a pool filter will filter out as low as 5
micron size particles. Is this also a reason why it is not
recommended?

My intent is to let a pump/filter run at night and have it removed
during the day. Even if I had a pool with an attached pump, I wouldn't
want it on/attached while my kids are in the pool since my littlest
would certainly go to the electric cord while soaking wet. This is why
having an easily removable pump/filter is attractive to me.

Please help me if you can.

Many thanks.

Old 05-07-2006, 05:21 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
WHAtkinsJR

Hey Kermit.your abaout a real dumbass..........

On 28 Jun 2006 14:36:23 -0700, "Kermit290"
wrote:

[...]

You can reach -Ed Alston at

tetra pond pumps BErney1014 Ponds 2 28-08-2003 08:02 PM
pond pumps geoff Ponds 7 05-08-2003 05:20 AM
pond pumps Robert Cossell Ponds 5 22-03-2003 06:44 AM
Via Aqua pond pumps camper Ponds (alternative) 0 13-02-2003 01:55 AM
Filter, skimmer, bottom drain...how many pumps? BenignVanilla Ponds 11 03-02-2003 10:41 PM