Old 14-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered User

Default Green water

I have a small pond, not big enough for filter and UV. I have tried a few watwer treatments, but because of the waterfall (not with filter) and a small fountain (with filter) the water gets moved around causing the algae to become suspended. Help
Old 15-05-2011, 02:40 PM
kathateria's Avatar
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby1 View Post
I have a small pond, not big enough for filter and UV. I have tried a few watwer treatments, but because of the waterfall (not with filter) and a small fountain (with filter) the water gets moved around causing the algae to become suspended. Help
I had this.
Lots of oxygenator plants is what you need.Also,buy a bag of watercress,and throw it in.It will root itself.It will use up excess nutrients.
I changed alot of the water in mine too. Compost will make the water green,could any soil of fallen in?It did in mine,as I was doing alot of weeding. I scooped it out,and its definitely the problem.
Old 16-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathateria View Post
I had this.
Lots of oxygenator plants is what you need.Also,buy a bag of watercress,and throw it in.It will root itself.It will use up excess nutrients.
I changed alot of the water in mine too. Compost will make the water green,could any soil of fallen in?It did in mine,as I was doing alot of weeding. I scooped it out,and its definitely the problem.
I will try this. Thnakyou