Old 27-05-2005, 03:24 AM
fishie

Default Pleco's

Hi! I'm new to this group, so I don't really know what to expect. The
main reason I'm writing is I have what may seem like a really dumb
question. I have an outside pond, the generic WalMart variety that's
aobut 60 gallons. It has live plants, waterfall, the obligitory
spitting frog, 10 goldfish that were bought as feeders and an inherited
pleco that got too big for a friend's 20 gal aquarium. I live in FL
and just changed the water after the oak trees got done spitting leaves
and pollen into it. The water was pretty clean when I cleaned it, but
a lot of debris obscured the view. Now that I can see the pleco, it
looks likes he's molting. Do pleco's molt????? He's moving and
feeding well, so I don't THINK he's sick, but what do I know for
molting pleco's? Any info will be greatly appreciated. The pleco is
about 2' in length is that matters. Thanks

Old 28-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Glenn S.

My three pleco's aren't quite two feet in length (maybe about 14-15 inches)
and I've never seen what appears to be molting on any of them. However, I
don't see much of them in the summer so it's possible they shed as they grow
when they're in the big outdoor ponds. During the winter when they are
inside, they don't grow as quickly.

--
G.D.Smith
Harpers Ferry, WV

FOR SALE: 2003 Swee****er 22' Pontoon Boat
http://ICanHelp56.homestead.com/gs_pontoon01.html

FOR SALE: 1999 Fleetwood Mallard 37' Travel Trailer
http://ICanHelp56.homestead.com/Mallard001,html

ups.com...

A Pleco Question Gene Ponds 5 12-06-2003 05:23 PM
Wow - Blue Pleco? DWS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 02-05-2003 04:21 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 29-03-2003 09:44 AM
L-200 Pleco ravaging my swords Robert Flory Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 26-03-2003 11:56 PM