Old 30-06-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Pond snails eating oxygenators

We've got a load of the 'wrong' type (eg not Ramshorn) water snail in
our pond (eggs arrived on plants, no doubt)& they have completely
stripped all the oxygenators & are starting on the water soldiers,
water lettuce etc. Anyone have any ideas how we ccan at least
discourage/reduce the population? We've tried the cabbage
stalk/lettuce stalk trick to no avail. FYI, the pond is aroubnd 9 feet
in diameter, 2 feet deep & we have 2 goldfish (around 4 - 5 inches
long), upwards of 20 frogs and umpteen common & a few crested newts in
residence.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Cracklin'

wrote in message
oups.com...
We've got a load of the 'wrong' type (eg not Ramshorn) water snail in
our pond (eggs arrived on plants, no doubt)& they have completely
stripped all the oxygenators & are starting on the water soldiers,
water lettuce etc. Anyone have any ideas how we ccan at least
discourage/reduce the population? We've tried the cabbage
stalk/lettuce stalk trick to no avail. FYI, the pond is aroubnd 9 feet
in diameter, 2 feet deep & we have 2 goldfish (around 4 - 5 inches
long), upwards of 20 frogs and umpteen common & a few crested newts in
residence.

Why not ask this on rec.ponds as someone there may have some suggestions.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b