Old 01-07-2005, 04:28 PM
KerplunKuK

Default Goldfish Fry

While feeding my pond fish today I notice about 30 miniscule fry, maybe
2.5mm long. I would love to rear these and then reintroduce them back into
my pond. Can anyone give me advice on how to look after them, whether to
remove them from the pond, etc.

Thanks, a happy fish Daddy!

--
XBL : D0C RAY

We'll be Gunning for you

Old 02-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Glenn S.

I had baby Koi last year and the only ones that survived were the two that I
was able to catch and move to my indoor aquarium. They are about 3" in
length right now and enjoying the outdoor pond with their parents.

--
G.D.Smith
Harpers Ferry, WV

FOR SALE: 2003 Swee****er 22' Pontoon Boat
http://ICanHelp56.homestead.com/gs_pontoon01.html

FOR SALE: 1999 Fleetwood Mallard 37' Travel Trailer
http://ICanHelp56.homestead.com/Mallard001,html

Old 23-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

At 1", they will probably make it. How big are their parents? You
could try catching them in a minnow trap. Cut the neck off a 2 litre
bottle. Cut a 2" hole in the side of the bottle part near the base.
Reverse the top and stick it into the base (funnel them in). Put a mesh
bag with a draw string around the bottle. Put food in the bottle. The
small fish swim in and can't find their way out. If there is no hole in
the side, the fish suffocate. You can also do this with a bottle with
lots of small holes in the sides, but the food tends to mush out and koi
will such it out. Food in bottle draws them in the funnel. Works well
for mosquito fish and OK for goldfish.

Jim

Goldfish fry KerplunKuK Ponds 9 12-07-2005 03:32 PM
goldfish fry overwinter Skippy Ponds 3 21-09-2003 11:05 PM
Goldfish fry question - pond Nicole Thompson Ponds 6 16-08-2003 05:02 PM
Goldfish fry question - pond Nicole Thompson Ponds (alternative) 2 16-08-2003 05:02 PM
Goldfish fry question - pond Nicole Thompson Ponds 0 12-08-2003 01:42 AM